Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Altitude Restaurant in the Hyatt Regency

The Altitude Restaurant is the formal dining venue in the Hyatt Regency in downtown Denver. I had never heard about this restaurant until my parents took me there for my 19th birthday, and it was unexpectedly awesome.

Personally, I weigh the atmosphere and decorations of a restaurant more than the food or location. Right as you come in, it is serenely quiet in the restaurant. Not only are the waiters and consumers quiet, the music is almost inaudible. Since I expect nice restaurants to present a quiet atmosphere (to heighten the opportunity for indulgence and relaxation) the Altitude's atmosphere was excellent.

The decorations of the Altitude are very straightforward. Carpeted floors, beige color scheme, big wooden tables and big comfortable chairs. This decor made it different from the typically modern industrial decor of other fancy restaurants in Denver. However, the simple decor at Altitude was made up for by the excellent location and views.

Like I had mentioned, the location is in downtown Denver in the Hyatt Regency; the two glass walls of the restaurant have views of Denver's high rises and the convention center. These views are the perfect compliment to an immaculately cooked filet mignon.

The food was absolutely brilliant at the Altitude restaurant. All 7 people with whom I went here with were really impressed by the entire package of the meal-- the presentation, taste, and creativity. Of course my filet mignon was immaculate: peppery, buttery, and melted in my mouth. The steak came with roasted asparagus that was soft with a smoky aftertaste, and mashed potatoes that were velvety and perfectly seasoned. However, the best part of the meal was the appetizer. We got a plate of charcuteries: salumi, speck, prosciutto, aged cheese, and a variety of fresh mustards and bread. I have never had such an appetizer but it intrigued my tastebuds and left me wanting much much more!

Overall this restaurant is a hidden gem. Somewhat overlooked, but well worth the visit!



The Altitude Restaurant at the Hyatt Regency
650 15th Street,
Denver, Colorado, USA 80202

2 comments:

  1. And after you enjoyed your food at the restaurant, you can go to the top floor of the hotel and enjoy the views of Denver

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    I found your blog by chance, while peeking others and I decided to check it out! I'd like to introduce you my little corner since we seem to have true affection for food! ;) I’d be very pleased if you like my blog enough to follow it!
    I wish you lots of success
    kisses
    http://cottoncandy-peaches@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete